The instant lot is one kitchen appliance that has come to stay. Its multipurpose nature makes it a must-have for every foodie. With the instant pot, you can cook, roast, bake, and do a lot more.
Despite the widespread use of instant pot, there are still many recipes that instant pot owners don’t know that they can make with it.
For instance, did you know you could air dry with your instant pot or make jam in one?
So in this post, we will be taking you through 7 recipes you didn’t know you can make in your instant pot.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash soup is a recipe that most people don’t know they can make with their instant pot within just 40 minutes.
- 2 small onions (chopped)
- 4 pounds of butternut squash
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Note: The squash should be peeled, seeded, and cubed.
- Set your instant pot to saute mode and heat the butter.
- Add the onions, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt and saute for about 10 minutes till the onion gets soft.
- Add the stock, butternut squash, and fresh ginger.
- Lock the lid of the pot, press the pressure cook button and cook for 15 minutes.
- When the cooking is done, release pressure naturally for about 10 to 30 minutes. The lid will unlock and open after the pressure has been fully released.
- Blend all the ingredients in an immersion blender until smooth.
- Blend the cream.
- Heat the mixture in the instant pot on “saute mode” for a few minutes.
- Garnish with the pumpkin seeds and serve.
I bet you didn’t know you could make popcorn with your instant pot. The popcorn gets ready in just 10 minutes and you need only 3 ingredients.
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt or sugar to taste.
- Set your instant pot to high Sauté function.
- When the pot gets hot, add coconut oil and let it melt.
- Add the popcorn and begin to stir until the corn is coated with oil.
- Wait for 30 seconds and stir again.
- Cover the pot and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the instant pot and leave for about 1 minute or until the corns stop popping.
- Sprinkle with salt or sugar and serve.
Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
Within 7 minutes you can make this awesome jam with your instant pot in the comfort of your home, you will be needing the following.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 medium lemon
- 900g caster sugar
- 1 kilo fresh strawberries ( cleaned and diced)
- Gelatin to thicken
- ½ strawberry jelly pack
- Place the strawberries in the inner pot of the instant pot.
- Add honey sugar, lemon Juice, and lemon rinds.
- Quickly stir the content and cover the pot.
- Cook for 2 minutes on manual pressure.
- When cooking ends, release pressure naturally for about 10 minutes then carefully remove the lid.
- Stir the jam and blend until the mixture is thick.
- Add the jelly powder and stir.
- Pour the mixture into jam containers and allow to cool overnight.
Crispy Parmesan Roast Chicken
Have you ever used the air fryer lid of your instant pot? If your answer is no, then you need to try this amazing recipe.
Air frying is very healthy and reduces calories in food by about 70 to 80 percent.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 small lemons
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- Grate 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- Add salt, chopped rosemary, pepper, and pepper flakes and mix
- Season the chicken inside out with the salt mixture and stuff the chicken cavity with 2 rosemary sprigs.
- Place the chicken in the inner pot (breast side down). Add two rosemary sprigs and the stock.
- Place the inner pot in the Instant Pot and select “pressure cook”.
- Set to high pressure for 20 minutes. When the cooking ends, quick-release pressure.
- Remove the lid, take the chicken out, and drain the water.
- Dry the inner pot and place the air fryer trivet into the pot.
- Drizzle the chicken with oil and place it in the basket.
- Select “Roast” on the air fryer lid at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, sprinkle with cheese and continue roasting.
- When the cooking ends, let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the zested lemon on the chicken.
- Spoon some drippings over the chicken and serve.
Instant Pot Pot Roast (with air fryer lid)
This is another healthy air fryer lid recipe, you can make with your instant pot.
- 1.5 pounds potatoes (baby potatoes or large potatoes cut in chunks)
- 2.5-pound chuck roast
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound baby carrot
- 1.5 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme (optional)
- Add water to the inner pot
- Place the roast on a high-legged trivet and place it in the inner pot.
- Cook on high pressure for about 60 minutes and “quick release” the pressure when the cooking ends.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and cook on high pressure for about 7 minutes.
- Naturally, release pressure for about 5 minutes and quickly release any remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Replace the lid with the air fryer lid and air fry at 450°F for about 5 minutes.
- When the top begins to brown. Your roast is ready.
Instant Pot Sourdough Bread
Baking is also one of the things you can do with your instant pot.
We know most of you have not tried baking with your instant pot which is why we are bringing this sourdough bread your way.
- 1 ½ cups unflavored Greek yogurt
- 3 cups bread flour
- ¾ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons yeast
- Mix the flour, yeast, and salt in a bowl
- Add the yogurt and mix until a dough forms. You can add more yogurt if the dough is too dry.
- Form a ball with the dough.
- Line the instant pot with parchment paper and place the dough on it.
- Cover the instant pot and press the yogurt button.
- Let the dough proof for about 4 hours in the instant pot.
- After 4 hours, take out the dough and knead on a floured surface.
- Shape into a ball again, place it in a bowl and cover with a towel.
- Preheat a pan in the oven for about 30 minutes at 450°F
- Place the dough in the pan.
- Scrape the top with a knife and cover the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for another 10 minutes or until it browns.
- Take the bread out of the oven and cool.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding
With the instant pot, you can quickly and conveniently make rice pudding without any worries.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups of raw milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 ¼ cups pure water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh colander until it is clean.
- Place the rice in the instant pot and add milk, water, maple syrup, and sea salt.
- Stir briefly, place the lid and close the vent.
- Press the porridge button and allow it to cook for 20 minutes.
- When the cooking ends, release pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
- Press the cancel button and open the vent and open the lid when it depressurizes.
- Add the vanilla and cream and stir until well mixed.
- Serve with any topping of your choice.
There you have it, 7 amazing recipes you never knew you could make in your instant pot.
You can adjust the measurements of the ingredients in the recipes to suit the number of servings you want.
Which of these recipes will you be trying out first?